We are more than halfway through January and I just finished working on my goals for 2019. I know I should have had this up weeks ago, but you know… Life happens. These goals are important because they focus on building better habits and relationships. 2018 was amazing, however, 2019 is going to be one for the books!
Every year, I make increasing my net worth a priority and this year is no different. Whether it be through savings, investing, or side hustles, the ultimate goal is to increase 2019’s net worth by a minimum of $75k. Because by 2030 I want to be able to have options.
- Save/invest 50% of my take home pay
- Find a second income stream
- Get emergency fund to 6 months (Currently somewhere around 4 months)
- Spend $400-600 on groceries a month
I turn 30 this year and I want to feel good going into the next chapter of my life. I want to be fit, healthy and happy. So in order to get there, I will need to eat smarter, work harder, and stay hydrated. This is not one of those New Year resolutions that fall by the wayside mid-February. This is a lifestyle change. Period.
- Drink at least 3 liters of water per day
- Weights 4 times and cardio 3 times a week
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
- Walk at least 50,000 steps a week
- One cheat day a week
As we get older certain things are no longer a priority. However, my family will always be the center of my life. With parents and grandparents getting older and new little people arriving (not us), I just want to focus on having a solid marriage and spending quality time with our families.
- Make bi-monthly date night a priority
- Spend more time with family
- Practice effective communication and listening
Your home is supposed to be your sanctuary, your little slice of heaven, however, I have this one room that makes it difficult to unwind after a long day. You know the room. The one that is filled with all the random things you never look for and the only purpose is to hold the crap you bought. So for 2019, I am giving this room purpose so I can enjoy all of my home.
- Get rid of at least one item per day and find a space for the items I keep
- Transition into using more reusable and multipurpose items
- Create a morning and night routine
Let’s be realistic, 2018 was not a year of consistent content for The Frugal Onion. Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy writing but when life happens I tend to push the blog to the side. Not in 2019. I plan to put aside 5-10 hours every week to work on some aspect of the site.
- Write 30 new posts during the year – quality over quantity
- Work on some background stuff – theme, older post, etc.
- Become more active on Social Media – Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest
- Increase traffic to blog – SEO or Pinterest (have to figure this one out)